Some tips on how to start with this marketing?
I am currently entrusted the position as manager of a particular business that is not doing particularly well at the moment. The main reason for this is that the service being offered is very unique and new… and also not very well known. The previous owners had abandoned this business due to their poor planning and design strategy. And despite the newspaper advertising, there aren’t alot of people coming, and it can be expensive. I put considerable effort designing a particular website but even that is not doing very well either. The rest of the managers, at present, are either waiting for people to come in at the business, but they haven’t really formulated an appropriate strategy. I personally think that the marketing for this is going to have to be low budget, very well researched, well planned, and require innovation to some degree. But I don’t feel motivated. How do I get started? Where do I begin? i have no expertise in marketing, economics or business.
If the service is new and novel, it may be appropriate to court the local TV news team to give an interview or demonstration of the service. Advertisements, endorsements and word of mouth are the main ways to reach a new audience. If it is a service which lends itself to demonstration you may try doing some mall appearances to acquaint people with your service. If is an Internet service visit chat rooms, and forums that cater to your prospective customers. Introducing a new product on a low budget it difficult unless you can tap into some free air time or get a celebrity to give you a push. There are some real tricks to Internet marketing, if you do not have a budget to hire a professional, there a lot of free resources on line. Best of luck The PracticaL Mentor.
Can anyone give me some tips as to how to promote my internet business?
I just recently started a work-from-home internet business, and I’m wondering if there are any tips or tricks to getting more traffic to my site? I don’t know alot of people that are interested personally, so I have to find prospects elsewhere. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Getting traffic is a combination of a lot of things. The key to success is to create great content that visitors want to use, search engines will love and other websites will naturally link to. Of course, it’s easier said than done.
You can use pay per click advertising in the search engines to reach audiences looking for your products. You can use Google Adwords http://www.google.com/adwords or Yahoo http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com
Here are some shoestring marketing ideas that can help you get the visitors you need at the least cost possible:
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement – if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important — and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more – that’s additional traffic that you get for FREE!
Recommend Site Scripts (various) http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Website_Promotion/Recommend_Site/
Big Nose Bird Recommend this Site http://bignosebird.com/carchive/birdcast.shtml
CGI Resource Index http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Website_Promotion/Recommend_Site/
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com’s “Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day.” http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/2010.htm
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
Here is a comprehensive list of where to submit your articles http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=AhzreGmnCUicOoyedqypscUjzKIX?qid=1006022407481
Google Base http://base.google.com
Classifieds for Free http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/…
Text Link Exchange http://www.txtswap.com/
Yahoo Classifieds http://classifieds.yahoo.com/
US Free Ads http://www.usfreeads.com/
Powered by Yahoo! Answers