What type of company is this?
Hi. I really want to start my own company and have financial freedom. My company would buy and build web property (websites) that seem as if they could do better, fix them up (adding content, marketing, design, etc.) to hopefully gain some profit from the sites revenue, and then sell the websites after six months. I know people do this, website flipping, but I would like to start a company that does it. I am great with internet marketing, and my good friend from college knows a lot about investing. He wants to partner with me on this company.
What type of company are we (private equity firm, venture capital firm, media company, etc.)? If someone asks us what type of company we own and run, what do we say? Legally, what type of company are we?
Legally you don’t have a company until you register with the state in any of the following form;
1. Limited liability company or corporation
2. Partnership company (created under a partnership agreement)
3. Sole proprietor ( One man owner)
Once you have decided on the name for the company, you need to register the name of the company again with the state. A registered company name may be renewed after a number of years (each state is different).
Since you mentioned that your friend wants to partner with you, your company can be registered as a Partnership company with two partners. In a partnership you have a general partner and the rest are limited partners or junior partners.
Private equity firm is an investment firm pooling private funds to invest. The legal entity of a private equity firm is similar to the legal form mentioned above. Venture capital firm is similar to a private equity firm but with a shorter span of investment objectives. When you mention media company, you mean the industry, not the company. Media is an industry. Just like investment is an industry.
Give details Importance of Internet Marketing?
I can give you an simple real world example & then relate it to Internet marketing.
Consider that you have a jewellery shop or clothing store in your locality , what would you do to promote your sales & business?
1. Posting classified ads in popular magazines , daily & weekly newspapers
(If you target only people residing in your locality or place)
2. Advertisement via Radio & Television
(if you target people in your place & adjacent cities or states)
Similarly if you do an online business via Website , then you need to market via Email / Banner advertisement etc,..
1. There are companies who does email marketing @ reasonable rates
What they do is prepare an mail with details about your business , products & send it to list of
users that they with their database
2. Banner advertisement , you can place banners with your busines & product details to popular websites which has decent traffic , so when people visit their site & click on the banner , they will be taken to your business website
3. You can also do Google Advertisement , which will cost you more but the ROI is greater
Hope this helps you to understand clearly what an Internet Marketing.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers