What is the best bang for the buck for internet marketing?
Who has found the best source for advertising your website.
The best bang of the buck for me on internet marketing is creating great content that search engines would love and other sites would want to link. There’s nothing better than that. Very basic, but very effective — and FREE!
Otherwise, you can use several strategies to drive traffic to your site.
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement – if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important — and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more – that’s additional traffic that you get for FREE!
Recommend Site Scripts (various) http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Website_Promotion/Recommend_Site/
Big Nose Bird Recommend this Site http://bignosebird.com/carchive/birdcast.shtml
CGI Resource Index http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Website_Promotion/Recommend_Site/
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com’s “Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day.” http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/2010.htm
SEO for Google http://www.powerhomebiz.com/052006/google.htm
SEO for Yahoo! Http://www.powerhomebiz.com/052006/yahoo.htm
SEO for MSN http://www.powerhomebiz.com/052006/msn.htm
Tying It Together: SEO For The Big Three http://www.powerhomebiz.com/052006/SEO.htm
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
Here is a comprehensive list of where to submit your articles http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=AhzreGmnCUicOoyedqypscUjzKIX?qid=1006022407481
6. Improve your conversion. Getting visitors is one thing; getting them to buy your products is a whole different story. Read the article “10 Ways to Convert Visitors to Buyers” http://www.powerhomebiz.com/072005/conversion.htm for tips on how to improve your conversion rates.
Google Base http://base.google.com
Classifieds for Free http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/…
Text Link Exchange http://www.txtswap.com/
Yahoo Classifieds http://classifieds.yahoo.com/
US Free Ads http://www.usfreeads.com/
Is the internet going to change the world in ways we cannot yet fathom?
The internet is such a complex thing and can facilitate and coordinate so much in the way of human behaviour.
I have found several websites that are very interesting.
Internet – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Terminology|History|Technology|GovernanceThe Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a network of…
En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet – Cached.The Internet is about to change Â«
In the sports world, text based play by play websites could be updated in realtime rather than pulling every 30 seconds … About how the internet is inevitably going to change.
Blogmaverick.com/2009/08/25/the-internet-is-about-to-change – Cached
Worldchanging: Bright Green
In this post I go back in time to highlight the presentations on Strengthening Market-Based Solutions from Day 2. … Get good news for a change!
Www.worldchanging.com – Cached
How to Change the World
How to Change the World A practical blog for impractical people. August 24, 2010 How to Make Paper.li and Flipboard Rock. In the last few weeks two companies have released services …
Blog.guykawasaki.com – Cached
How the Internet is Changing the World – Adrants
“The UCLA study will explain how the Internet is changing the world — today, tomorrow, … Go Daddy Annoints Ella Koon GoDaddy Girl For Asia Â»
www.adrants.com/2003/02/how-the-internet-is-changing-the… – Cached
The Internet, Information And Changing The World | How To …
The Internet, Information And Changing The World … That a proficient Internet user canât accomplish. We go on and on about how all media is social, …
Howtosplitanatom.com/news/the-internet-information-and… – Cached
The World Question Center 2010
Not “How is the Internet changing the way WE think?” … And are probably going to be, better. The world was rich compared to its human population; …
Www.edge.org/q2010/q10_index.html – Cached
Powered by Yahoo! Answers